HOME

Monday, November 16, 2009

Weekend hangover

I started the weekend with a hangover because I closed Friday night drinking with Boojie and his friend Amado at the Ten 02, my favorite watering hole. When they left I moved on to the back of Faustino’s and had a nightcap and a tapsilog, which was very good.

On Saturday, still feeling wobbly, I had dinner with Alessi, my 10-year-old, at Ka-Boom, right across GMA Network. Actually, I had dinner of grilled chicken breast and garlic rice while I watched her munch on cucumber and carrot sticks, which she washed down with mango juice.

That baffled me a bit, knowing how she loves to eat — but not as baffled as she was by my shoulder-length hair, as I would l later learn from my wife when she picked her up.

Ani, the older sister, was just as baffled. She skipped dinner with me because she had dance practice the whole day with her gang. Teenagers.

Anyway, Alessi made up for that veggie-stick meal at the Ten 02, where we transferred, by devouring a whole plate of Meloflan, two scoops of vanilla ice cream with some leche flan encased in fried lumpia wrappers.

I had a couple of light beers. And the night would have been fine if I had ended it right there. But then Abe and Noel texted me. So I went on over to 1962 to share two buckets of beer with them.

And then they headed for home, while I moved on to the back of Faustino’s, just in time to see Bing Austria of Juan Pablo Dream getting ready to leave. So we had a beer each and chatted about my song, which he liked enough to record as part of his group’s second album.

Not a bad night, despite another hangover.

© ATM

No comments: