HOME

Thursday, May 08, 2008

World Press Freedom Day


World Press Freedom Bar performance
Me with Neil Doloricon at the Freedom Bar on May 3, 2008. [Photo by LeAnne Jazul]

On the invitation of Joe Torres, the NUJP chairman, Neil Doloricon and I did two songs at Freedom Bar last Saturday (May 3). So with just a quick one-hour rehearsal, we did two songs. Neil sang CSNY’s “Long Time Gone” and I sang the Eraserheads’ “Ang Huling El Bimbo.”

I didn’t realize while on stage that LeAnne had been taking pictures, one of which appears here. And I guess Joe was taking a video of all the performers, but I haven’t seen it.

After that gig, at around midnight, I went over to Ten 02, a new bar owned by Myra Ruaro, who also goes by stage name Skarlet. It’s where I hang out a lot now after work. And Myra is usually there to chat with customers.

© ATM

No comments: