HOME

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Favorite spot

My writing table

Typhoon Ondoy, of course, did a lot of damage to Metro Manila, but on the bright side, the flood that it caused help me get my apartment cleaned up of clutter. I had no more excuse to keep the junk that I’d only been planning to throw out – someday.

So now I have just a bit more elbow room in my tiny place, which is about as big as a hotel room minus the posh furnishing. Not that I mind. It’s more like an office to me now.

In fact, I’ve been spending more time at my writing table lately, which besides any table in front of the Ten 02 Bar, is my favorite hang-out spot.

Back in 2005, I did a pencil sketch of a corner of my kitchen-dining area, which you’ll see below. That cabinet, which was useful only for taking up space and gathering dust, now belongs to a brother of mine.


A sketch I did, using a 6B pencil, in June 2005


I was able to rearrange the furniture more to my liking. And here you’ll see a photo I took of my working table, which has only the items that I need for writing. Well, except maybe that book, a paperback edition of The Collected Short Stories of Saki, under the ashtray, and that little black sketchpad I carry around sometimes.

© ATM


No comments: