HOME

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Risky road

Commonwealth Avenue in Quezon City is still the most accident-prone road in the Philippines. I live near that road and I’ve seen some bad accidents happen there, like these two guys who were run over by a speeding van, whose driver never stopped.

It happened right in front of the car I was driving, as I was waiting for the light to change so I could make a turn into Holy Spirit Drive. 

It was around that same area that I bumped that same car into the tail of an owner-type jeep that suddenly got into my lane, which was the fast lane. I was only able to stomp on the brake pedal a split second too late.

Anyway, those incidents happened years ago. The road is still risky, especially for jaywalkers. The risk of a jaywalker getting hit by a car on Commonwealth Avenue is probably higher than a pedestrian getting hit by a car bomb in Baghdad.

© ATM