HOME

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Tax of no return

I’ve always hated filing my income tax return. Not because I hate paying taxes – the office takes it out of your pay anyway and you’re already taxed right and left whenever you buy anything at all.

What gets me is this: The government already has, or at least will have, its share of my money, and now it even wants me to make an accounting of how much it has taken from me.

A mugger at least won’t give you the same hassle.

I got to thinking about income tax again because I’ve gone freelance and may have to file the damn return come April.

Incidentally, it just struck me why some laws are called codesTax Code, for instance: It takes some effort to decipher them. Lawyers are actually official decoders of this near-mystic information.

© ATM

No comments: